There are so many Bluetooth amplifiers to choose from. Which one is best for you. This is a post for the best Bluetooth amplifier in 2023.
Hifireport.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking hifireport.com to Amazon properties. Additionally, hifireport.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission for purchases made through our links on this website.
No.15 Fosi Audio BL20C 320 Watts Bluetooth 5.0 Stereo Audio Receiver Amplifier
- 2.1CH Bluetooth 5.0 Stereo Amplifier & U-Disk Player. BL20C Class D power amp supporting U-disk/ Bluetooth/ RCA input can drive passive speakers+powered subwoofer. U-Disk input for convenient and portable use support audio format: MP3/WMA/APE/ FLAC/WAV.
- BL20C stereo receiver amplifier adopts STMicroelectronics TDA7498E chip. The TDA7498E is a dual BTL class-D audio amplifier with a single power supply designed for home speaker systems applications. Special features: smart protection, thermal overload protection, the small offset of less than 20 mV, standby and mute features, differential inputs minimize common-mode noise.
- Advanced Circuit Design Ensure Hi-Fi Sound. The upgraded Bluetooth 5.0 audio technology powers the wireless sound behind many of the world’s finest devices that you love, so you can stream music from your favorite media services without compromising on sound quality, works with the latest devices including iPhone/Android, iPod, iPad, PC, Laptop, Computer TV, DVD, etc.
- BL20C with Various Control Knobs. Bass, treble, volume, input mode switch, previous song, next song, play/pause, etc, make a distinction between BL20C NEW generation Hi-Fi wireless receiver amplifier and traditional audio amplifier. MAX power output up to 320W.
- What you Get: BL20C stereo power amplifier x1, Bluetooth antenna x1, User Manual x1, Power Adapter x1, AC Cord x1, our worry-free 18-month warranty, and friendly customer service.
This has a lot more features than similarly priced amps I was comparing it to. More than enough for my bookshelf speakers with the 24v power supply. I don’t have a subwoofer to test that feature, but it can connect one. The USB works, but it’s limited (can only play, pause and skip, you can’t manage files on it), not a big deal though because I usually play everything from my PC. Bluetooth is fantastic, no problems with range so far, and I love that you can disable it with a switch on the front.It feels solidly constructed, it’s got some heft to it, but it’s very compact. It’s not that important, but I also just like the way it looks. I can’t say I’m super knowledgeable about audio equipment, but it does what I needed and more. There are more details about the specifications and features in the Q&A section if you find them useful. Definitely satisfied with the purchase.
No.14 Fosi Audio Bluetooth 4.2 Stereo Audio Amplifier
- Low Latency: CSR64215 Bluetooth 4.2 core support aptX low latency, Streaming range up to 39ft(12m), With Bluetooth and AUX selector, no pop when Bluetooth connecting;
- Small But Practical: Adopt Texas Instruments TPA3116D2 * 2 chips, small simple compact design but practical and powerful, can drive 2-8ohm, 20-200Watts speakers;
- No Sparks: 2.1ch with sub output for a home theatre system, built-in speakers protection circuit, New DC socket, no sparks flying when plugging the power supply in;
- Function: Best for outdoor/bookshelf/computer/desktop/ceiling/floor standing speakers, can use iPod, Phone, MP3 players, TV, Echo Dot, CD players, or Streaming Media players as input with no software to install or settings to change; Perfectly suited for your desktop or a smaller space in your home or office.
I’m an audiophile. It takes a lot to impress me. I’m using this little amp for my computer with a set of BIC DV32B’s and a Pioneer TS-SWX2002 passive 8″ sub. A very humble setup to be sure. But this little amp just sounds so nice. Lots of headroom for transients. Sounds big and warm like it is just breathing at high levels. Doesn’t add much color of its own. Center up the tone controls, and it really is quite neutral. Almost wish the tone controls had been omitted. Doesn’t matter how picky you are. If you have a small application, I highly recommend this little guy. Note: the way they get it so small is the sizable power supply outside the unit on the power cord. I guess I don’t care. In fact, the whole thing makes much more sense now. You should buy one and then figure out what to do with it.
No.13 Facmogu F900 Mini Bluetooth Power Amplifier Wireless Audio Receiver
- 50W+50W DUAL CHANNEL: F900 Bluetooth receiver amplifier provides 50W+50W dual-channel stereo output with the upgraded chip TPA3116.
- THREE INPUT OPTIONAL: Supporting AUX/ USB/ Bluetooth input. But the amp module can be searched and connected via Bluetooth when unplugging audio input line. Insert audio input line, then it will auto switch to wired input mode, Bluetooth function will be lost.
- SUPER COMPATIBILITY: Our Bluetooth audio transmitter can be widely applied to various tablet PC, TV, smartphone, Laptop with Bluetooth, iPhone and etc, versatile and simple to use. But it does not apply to a range of products launched by Amazon such as Echo, Alexa etc. and Bose Speakers.
- MINI ELEGANT SIZE BUT POWERFUL: Ultra-small size (3*2.7*1.5 inch) with metallic colourful shell, advanced technology and chip, our Bluetooth stereo amplifier has good sound quality, no distortion, no humming or hissing and sounds clear, crisp.
The cassette/radio in my classic car had become all but unusable, so I wired the power to this amp from the power antenna “hot” wire, wired the speakers directly to the amp, and mounted it under the dash. Now when I turn on the radio, it activates this device instead and the sound through my phone is crisp and clear. I agree with other reviews that the tone and voice when this thing turns on is a little annoying, and it’s not going to compete with the super-bass in the racer-boy’s machine next to you at a stop light, but more than adequate for my needs. Included hardware is quality and the box is solid. Ideally would like to see different channels on the volume knob, but for the price you can’t go wrong.
No.12 Douk Audio G5 100W Bluetooth 5.0 2 Channel Amplifier
- Besides standard 3.5mm AUX input, it also supports Bluetooth 5.0 to achieve faster and more stable transmission. Compatible with most home audio devices such as iPod, Phone, tablet PC, computers, MP3 players, TV, Echo Dot, CD players and so on.
- Adopting TPA3116 chip whose max output power can reach 50W*2 @ 4 ohm, no audible noise and pop even at high power output, default 19V power supply is enough to drive most home bookshelf/ computer/ desktop passive speakers.
- Adopting Qualcomm 3003 Bluetooth chip, and 2PCS NE5532 op-amp are used, plug-in type design makes it easy to be replaced by different op-amps. Reasonable circuit layout and compact aluminium alloy chassis to ensure better shielding performance and clearer sound.
- Simple design without any redundant functions to ensure purer and more natural sound. Mini size with exquisite appearance looks more fashionable, very suitable for home and desktop audio system use.
Being skeptical at first, I was immediately blown away at how crisp and clear the sound quality this amplifier was able to deliver paired with my speakers! I never need ot crank up the volume past 1/4 the way in a small room and there is still plenty of headroom to go up. Albeit, the speakers are of good quality despite being made in the late 1980’s, if you are in need of a 2.0 audio setup and you have old speakers lying around I highly recommend these to any buyer. Just make sure your speakers match the power and impedance of this amp.
No.11 Pyle PCA4BT Bluetooth Audio Speaker Power Amplifier
- 2×120 watt power the Pyle dual Channel Audio amplifier is perfect for your home theater acoustic surround sound system Gives you 2×120 watts power which can be used for multi speakers W/ 4-8 ohms impedance enjoy high-quality music & movies!
- Multiple sources This personal portable digital amp box lets you connect external audio sources such as tuner CD DVD player tape deck camcorder & VCR to the RCA L/R Input & enjoy enhanced amplified acoustic Audio reproduction!
- Cd/MP3 aux in the professional integrated stereo receiver features CD/MP3 3 5mm aux input which lets you connect your PC (CD ROM) laptop computer Walkman iPod iPhone iPad and cell phone
- Bluetooth-compatible the Bluetooth stereo Adapter control unit is equipped with Bluetooth allowing you to wirelessly play music or control your media Works with today’s latest devices including iPhone iPad smartphone with hassle-free receiver pairing
- Push Type speaker terminal it lets you easily connect speaker wires directly to the amplifier The speaker impedance Ranges from 4 to 8 ohms for the general stereo output The total speaker impedance must be at least 4-Ohm per Channel at stereo mode
This is my 7thy Pyle amp. I’ve had this Pyle amplifier for about a week or so and used it almost every night. This thing is amazing. For the money, it’s off the charts. Quality, off the charts. Volume control, bass vs treble control, off the charts. I would definately recomend, and un-hesitantly re -purchase this item. Spend the change. It’s more than worth it. I have an outdoor suround system on my deck. I recently purchased a Jensen cd player,blu-tooth system, which was also golden, but it just wasn’t quite loud enough, hence the amplifier. Now I can play all my rock music to the joy of my heart, as loud (or quiet) as I please. Extremely satisfied. Thanks Pyle. DL
No.10 Pyle Bluetooth Mini Blue Series Home Audio Amplifier
- DESKTOP AUDIO AMPLIFIER: Take control of your sound with hi-powered, mini-style component stereo amplifier performance – enjoy wireless streaming ability with the Mini Blue Series Home Amplifiers with built-in Bluetooth – Power Output: 40 Watt x 2
- BLUETOOTH STREAMING RECEIVER: Simple & hassle-free Bluetooth amplifier pairing allows you to connect and play your music to connected speakers and radio systems – or connect and stream audio directly via the Aux (3.5mm) audio input jack connector
- COMPACT SOUND CONTROL: Multi-channel amplifier design paired with convenient audio configuration unlocks home theater stereo system ability right on your computer desktop – gain access to digital sound control with compact amplifier receiver power
- VERSATILE MINI COMPONENT AMPLIFIER: Connect to external devices like radios, speakers and microphones – or use the 1/4’’ headphone jack for private listening from your home PC desk – features rear panel quick connect push-type speaker terminals
- MICROPHONE PAGER & KARAOKE MIXER: Hit the switch to select the desired audio source channel input, then fine-tune your digital sound amplifier for mini-size style with maximum watt power performance for all of your home stereo system needs
- TECHNICAL SPECS: RCA Record Output – Freq. Response: 20Hz – 20kHz – Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 75Db – Input Sensitivity: 150mV – T.H.D.: 0.3% – Bass/Treble: +/-10dB – 10% RMS at 4-Ohm Impedance – 110V/220 Voltage Selector, 50/60Hz
I have this driving a pair of speakers in the kitchen from whatever’s on in the living room stereo system. It replaces a conventional stereo amp which died, and I wanted something much smaller if possible. It fits the bill perfectly and sounds great, though I wouldn’t expect studio-quality sound from it. Robustly built in a strong steel case
No.9 KEiiD WiFi & Bluetooth 5.0 Stereo Digital Amplifier Receiver
- Compact D-class RMS 2x 40W stereo receiver, be able to hook up with bookshelf speakers or other passive speakers (6-8 ohm speakers are suggested), Perfect for HiFi music purpose and home audio entertainment. Creative sleep timer function makes your amplifier unique & more convenient.
- Strong Compatibility & Practicability: Works with all devices which is with an analogue output via RCA/AUX cable. This stereo amplifier also supports various resources including 1/4” wired microphone, USB flash drive, TF card. Adjustable L/R balance & EQ option: Country/Pop/Jazz/Rock/Classic/Normal.
- WiFi Wireless Streaming & App Control: Enjoy thousands of on-line audio resources via [MUZO] App. Easy to control multi-room synchronously or separately. Be able to preset up to 10 on-line programs on App with a one-key shift by remote control. It also supports external music tools e.g. Spotify, TuneIn, Tidal, iHeart Radio, etc. by airplay.
- Bluetooth 5.0 & Full-band FM Radio: With additional Bluetooth antenna, you can connect any Bluetooth enabled devices up to 65 ft. Stream wireless music in every corner stably and lossless. ( The FM reception might be weak, please do not buy if you strongly need FM function ).
- 5-Level Safety Protections: The built-in 5-level protection (overload protection, over-voltage protection, over-current protection, short protection, self-protection) makes both amplifier and your external speakers safer. 1-year warranty with new replacement in case of any fault or quality issues.
Was very impressed with size and weight, fits perfectly in my tv stand perfect. Very easy to set up, Bluetooth works great we use it for our pool area and the unit is inside the house and never lost signal. Very easy to find local stations. Love this stereo receiver and will recommend it to friends.Works as advertised. Great sound and super easy to connect to my phones bluetooth. I picked up a couple tower speakers at a yard sale and the garage is a rockin! Highly recommend this product. I do not use the radio feature as I do not get reception with any radio in my garage as it is a metal building but the bluetooth is excellent which is what I wanted. I pretty much only listen to spotify and I-Heart radio anyways .
No.8 Fosi Audio BT10A Bluetooth 5.0 Stereo Audio Amplifier Receiver
- Bluetooth 5.0 wireless streaming range up to 39ft(12m), with bass and treble control, Simple compact design but practical and powerful, Adopt TI TPA3116D2 chip to get clear and clarity sound, no audible noise, dead silent when nothing is playing through it;
- Advanced circuitry design, built-in speakers protection circuit, best for bookshelf/computer/desktop/speakers in your home;
- Home Hi-Fi integrated amplifier, Exclusively designed for the customers who pursue HiFi sound; Ship with power adapter and power cord, you can use directly;
- Perfectly suited for your desktop or a smaller space in your home or office, Aluminum shell to sure high quality;
I was looking for a simple solution to add a couple outdoor deck speakers to my home, but I didn’t want to purchase a big receiver. At first, I was looking at a basic bluetooth speaker that I could use on the deck, but then in my searching, I came across this little gem! My only major requirement was that it had to be bluetooth so I could stream music from my phone and/or from my Amazon Echo. I purchased a pair of Polk Audio Atrium 4 outdoor speakers and this Fosi Audio amp with bluetooth. It was as simple as running the speaker wire, mounting the speakers in our soffit above our deck, and plugging the speaker wires into the back of the amp. This amp connects to our Amazon Echo and plays our Amazon music and Pandora flawlessly! My Echo is sitting about 20 feet away from the amp and it has no problems connecting and playing all of our music. I can sit on my deck and connect to the amp with my phone from about 40 feet away as well. I was really surprised about that. I absolutely love this amp. It is plenty powerful enough for our deck. I actually have the volume on the amp turned down to about half and then I control the rest of the volume with my Amazon Echo and/or my phone. If you are looking for a simple stereo amplifier/speaker setup for your home, I would highly recommend this amp. You can’t go wrong for the price.
No.7 Nobsound 100W Mini Bluetooth 5.0 Power Amplifier
- As a digital power amplifier & music player, it supports RCA/AUX/USB/BT 5.0/TF Card inputs, almost compatible with all home audio device such as phone, tablet, computer, TV, set-box, CD player etc. U-disk and TF card support WAV, APE, FLAC lossless formats.
- USB interface supports U-disk, computers (no need for the driver) and phones (with OTG function) input. Bluetooth 5.0 achieves stable and faster transmission speed, TF card makes it convenient to enjoy high-quality music even on the road or outdoor.
- Adopting classic TPA3116 chip, the max output power can reach 50W*2, enough for most home desktop/bookshelf/indoor passive speakers(4-16Ω). The sound is clear and clean without any audible noise even at high output.
- Compact design and exquisite appearance, attractive chassis with LED display and power/mode switch, very suitable for home and desktop audio system use. DC 9-24V wide voltage makes it possible to be used in car or motorcycle.
- Comes with complete accessories including high-quality 19V power supply, USB cable(with shielding ring), 1:2 and 2:2 RCA cable, 3.5mm AUX cable, no need to wait and enjoy its powerful function at once as long as you receive it.
I was highly skeptical of this mini powerhouse. But figured what the heck, for $50 I’ll give it a shot. Boy, was I surprised. Was using a full size pioneer receiver on my desk to power my bose acoustimass 5 speakers on my gaming pc. Swapped out with this little dynamo, and boy does this little thing know it’s business! Can’t tell any difference in sound quality or volume from the full sized receiver! If you’re on the fence about this little thing, take the leap, you won’t be disappointed!
No.6 Nobsound Bluetooth 5.0 Power Amplifier 2 Channel Stereo Mini Hi-Fi Integrated Amp
- Supporting multiple inputs (RCA/AUX/USB/Bluetooth) and outputs (speaker/headphone), can as USB sound card supporting computers (no need for driver) and phones (with OTG function) input, almost can meet all kinds of home audio system device.
- Upgraded Bluetooth to 5.0, achieve faster transmission speed, more stable signal and lower consumption, perfectly compatible with various Bluetooth devices.
- With best HiFi sound among similar amplifiers in the market, thousands of times tuning taking lots of time to bring excellent listening experience. The sound is clear and clean without any audible noise even at the highest output 50W*2.
- Adopting expensive encoders to avoid noise when adjusting volume and switching input mode, and pure copper speaker terminals ensure lossless transmission.
- Mini size with LED display is very well for home and desktop use; high-end treatment of case and components make it more durable and attractive.
All in all, this is a great amp and for the price, I was reticent to be critical at all. This amp is a great addition to any sound enthusiast’s collection because it sounds amazing, it’s small and can ‘break out’ anywhere you need it, and it drives up to 2x50W speakers without breaking a sweat. If I could control the auto power-off feature, I’d give this 5 stars. The VU meter requiring what I think is excessive output to be functional isn’t a big deal to me, but it might be to you. Still, if you’re looking at this for the same applications I describe, I do recommend buying it, because the value of what you get far outweighs the minor nits. I’m definitely going to consider other products by this manufacturer because this thing sounds amazing.
No.5 Fosi Audio T20 Bluetooth Tube Amplifier Stereo ReceiverFosi Audio T20 Bluetooth Tube Amplifier Stereo Receiver
- CSR64215 wireless Bluetooth 4.2 core support aptX low latency, Streaming range up to 39ft(12m), With Bluetooth and AUX selector, no pop when Bluetooth connecting;
- 50W RMS X 2 power output(4 ohms, 20 Hz – 20 kHz, 0.04% THD), built-in speakers protection circuit, best for outdoor/ bookshelf/ computer/ desktop /ceiling /floor standing speakers, can use iPod, Phone, MP3 players, TV, Echo Dot, CD players, or Streaming Media players as input;
- Adopt 2 x 6J4 tubes to get clear audio sound, tubes can be replaced by 6K4, 6J1, GE5654, 6AK5, 6ж1П, 6BC5, 403A/B, EF40, EF95 and so on, with a headphone output for 16-64ohm headphones.
- Small simple compact design but practical and powerful, Hi-Fi Bluetooth amplifier receiver exclusively designed for the customers who pursue HiFi sound;
- Power amp + Headphone amp, perfectly suited for your desktop or a smaller space in your home or office, the digital amplifier is easy to connect to your audio system with no software to install or settings to change;
Pros: The volume is adequate for me – these small speakers can overpower my living room which is 20 foot by 30 foot space. Keep the Echo-Dot volume set close to the max and reduce volume by voice commands. The Bass and treble controls really have a positive effect and I do not need to run either at max settings. I cannot here any background hiss or crackles and there is no low end pop when Turing the amp on which is common in tube amps. Also it is aesthetically beautiful, and small no bulky equipment for small apartments.
Cons: As a tube amplifier it is best to shut it off when not in use. This means no voice activation through the amp, but when you shut it off with the toggle switch, the Echo-Dot does respond to voice commands as normal only the sound is in MONO and running through their small speaker which is good for the size, but come on! Why off us 50 million songs only to play them through a 2 inch speaker in MONO !!!!
Finding the right connections can be a bit daunting so take your time to look at your speaker connections and the outputs on the back of the amp. I used bare wire from the Fossi to Bare wire to my speakers.
No.4 S.M.S.L SA300 Bluetooth 5.0 Class D Power Amplifier
- German Infineon’s new technology class D power amplifier chip, higher quality, efficiency up to 92%, further reducing power consumption.
- New Bluetooth 5.0 reception,support APTX, better sound quality, longer transmission distance
- 32 bits 384KHz USB audio input and support for driver-free use.
- Built-in multiple EQ modes and treble/bass adjustment for easy matching of a variety of speakers and music.
- Super bass preamp output for connecting active subwoofers to form a 2.1 audio system!
This little guy puts out lots of clean audio output especially via the USB port connected to your computer. With 32-bit 384khz sampling capabilities you can get the purest audio output possible without being at the recording studio in person. It has enough power to drive small bookshelf speakers up to even being capable of driving floor speakers @4 ohms. The screen is small but very clear in showing you the settings you are accessing, not large enough to read from across the living room but just fine on your desktop. The casing is metal and built solid and the connectors are all gold plated. Tone/EQ controls allow the amp to adapt to smaller speakers that aren’t bass efficient and is able to sufficiently boost/cut the low end or boost/cut the treble as well. Leaving everything flat/direct will give you a more reference sound which is a bit bland for most listeners but good for audio mixing/mastering techs. It also has a subwoofer preamp output to add in a separate powered subwoofer for more thump. Even the HD bluetooth audio comes out clean and pleasing to the ears. The 24v 6.75A external power brick provides sufficient power and the amp case does not heat up much while running it for a few hours at moderate levels. If you enjoy clean and high resolution sound that doesn’t need to be at ultra loud concert output levels this is a great amp for your setup.
No.3 Dayton Audio HTA20BT Bluetooth 4.2 Stereo Tube Amplifier
- Tube warmth, class D efficiency
- Bluetooth 4.2, Aux, and USB inputs
- Subwoofer output for adding an active subwoofer
- High-quality headphone amplifier built-in
- Extremely low THD <0.1% @ rated power
The fit & finish is great for the price with an all metal body(the transformer cover is plastic), and the knobs feel great. The main reason I even gave this a look initially was the fact that it has a sub out(most other tube amps are just stereo), and I have an old active subwoofer that I wanted to get some use out of. I paired it with two Dayton Audio B452 airs and a Sony Subwoofer and it sounds wonderful even with the stock Chinese tubes(although I plan to get some different types to try out).
It has two aux in’s, a USB port for usb sticks, and bluetooth(connected a computer and record player via BT as a test). Tried them all out, and they work great as one would expect. It also has a headphone jack output on the back for quieter listening sessions at night or when loud music isn’t the best thing. Just a great little hybrid tube amp all around. It lacks tone controls, but you could pair one of the tube preamps with tone controls with it just fine through one of the AUX inputs. I would definitely recommend this to others as well. I just wish Dayton Audio would do more branded tube gear like this in the future.
No2. Dual Electronics DBTMA100 Micro Wireless Bluetooth Class-D Amplifier
- BLUETOOTH 4.2 CONNECTIVITY: your portable Bluetooth micro amplifier will connect effortlessly to your smart device, will remember past paired devices for instant connectivity and maintain a strong wireless connection for up to 100 feet
- DUAL CHANNEL CLASS D BLUETOOTH AMPLIFIER: your portable Bluetooth Dual micro amplifier enables you to have 100 Watts of Peak Power, 25W x 2 RMS, 4 – 8 Ohms of impedance & a frequency response between 20Hz-22kHz for unrivalled sound quality
- WIRED SPEAKERS INTO BLUETOOTH SPEAKERS: with your micro Bluetooth amplifier there is no need to replace your wired speakers, just insert the speaker wires into the quick release terminals and you instantly have Bluetooth speakers for your enjoyment
- ILLUMINATED HEAT SINK & FRONT PANEL: with its illuminated heat sink and a front panel that includes the volume, bass and treble rotary knobs this will be a statement piece like no other
- DUAL LU SPEAKER LINE: don’t forget to add the top-selling Dual Electronics LU43 or LU53 speakers with your DBTMA100 for the best outdoor/indoor acoustic experience
No.1 Cambridge Audio CXA81 Stereo Two-Channel Amplifier with Bluetooth and Built-in DAC
- FOR TRUE HI-FI STEREO EXPERIENCE – CXA81 is designed to be unmatched in sonic ability, on-board features, and build-quality. Its audio is a true and emotional delivery across thumping basslines, syncopated jazz rhythms, or distinctive vocals.
- DESIGNED TO BE AN EXPERIENCE – CXA81 has been engineered, refined and finessed with only one objective in mind: to deliver the most thrillingly authentic sound you’ve ever encountered. It brings you closer to the music you love.
- PROFESSIONAL-GRADE POWER – Oversized toroidal transformer gives an even, low-noise current without distortion or stress. CXA81 handles 8-ohm and 4-ohm speakers, delivering all the musical peaks and nuances you expect to hear.
- CONNECT WIRED OR WIRELESSLY – Bluetooth wireless capability lets you stream from smartphones, tablets, and computers. Improved aptX HD encoding helps enhance audio quality of music streaming from devices.
- DIGITAL SOURCE FLEXIBILITY – High Quality ESS Sabre SE9010K2M DAC chip is compatible with 32-bit/384kHz PCM files and up to DSD 256 data streams. Connect digital sources directly via TOSLINK and Coaxial.
Transparent, well balanced (a little aggressiveness on upper mids contributed to some fatiguing for me while listening to rock music). Extremely wide Soundstage with great separation between instruments made listening engaging. I listen almost exclusively to digital music and I can’t hear a difference between usb or Bluetooth with the CXA81. I compared the CXA81 to the Parasound NewClassic 200 and the CXA81 blew the NewClassic out of the water. While the NewClassic was slightly more detailed, it was far less engaging and just sounded flat in comparison. Music just felt so much more emotional with the CXA81. The only downside is there’s no home theater bypass. Aside from that, it’s an amazingly well featured and incredibly great sounding integrated amp.